EVERY DOLLAR YOU RAISE BENEFITS THOSE AFFECTED BY ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE IN YOUR COMMUNITY.
The Alzheimer’s Association is a global organization, working to advance care, support and research across the world. From face-to face support to online education programs and promising worldwide research initiatives, the money you raise makes a difference in the lives of those facing Alzheimer’s.
The Alzheimer’s Association:
PROVIDES CARE AND SUPPORT TO ALL THOSE FACING ALZHEIMER’S.
- Online message boards through ALZConnected®.
- In-person support groups, connecting those facing the disease with a network of help in their community.
- A free nationwide 24/7 Helpline (800.272.3900) offering information and referrals.
DRIVES RESEARCH TOWARD TREATMENT, PREVENTION AND, ULTIMATELY, A CURE.
- Provides more than $440 million to over 2,900 scientific proposals, creating critical advancements.
- Brings the global research community together to tackle common challenges, such as the first new diagnostic guidelines for Alzheimer’s in 27 years.
- Drives support for transformational projects such as the Dominantly Inherited Alzheimer Network Trials Unit (DIAN-TU).
SPEAKS UP FOR THE NEEDS AND RIGHTS OF PEOPLE AFFECTED BY ALZHEIMER’S.
- Accelerated the passage of landmark legislation such as the National Alzheimer's Project Act, which mandated the creation of a national plan to fight Alzheimer's disease.
- Advanced commitment to Alzheimer’s funding from the federal government. In 2018, the Association; its advocacy arm, the Alzheimer's Impact Movement; and a nationwide network of advocates helped secure a historic $414 million increase.
- Recruits advocates nationwide, so that the need for Alzheimer's care, education and research is heard at every level of government.